[PD-dev] {open,save}panel with settable path

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 26 12:59:25 CEST 2005

Guenter Geiger wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>>just in case somebody doesn't know how to reproduce it: create an
>>[openpanel], bang it, select a filename and click "open": you will get a
>>"unknown command: .e" (or similar) at the stderr.
>

> FYI, I can't reproduce it on Pd version 0.39 TEST 4
> Does it need to be a specific filename, with spaces or such ?

my file-names do not look special at all: e.g. "/vmlinuz" will yield the
same error as "/Net/iem/Users/zmoelnig/pd/Gem/examples/data/fractal.JPG"

it appears on my machines (all of them) at least with pd-0.37-0,
pd-0.39test4, pd-0.38-4 (debian package), pd-0.38-4 (self made)

the exact error message i get is:
  invalid command name "e"

this error does not appear in pd's built in console but at the stderr
(this is: the xterm is start pd from)

it appears to be coming after the pdtk_opendialog() is executed (this
is: putting a 'puts "done"' at the end of pdtk_opendialog will print:
  done
  invalid command name "e"

it seems like with vanilla pd it is always "e".

with my settable-path patch applied, the errors get weirder:
  invalid command name "ength"
(once i even got "-width")

but normally the invalid commands are just some reference like
"1213f8.t8121ce0R" (this is a real quote)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes