[PD-dev] Building flext in OSX for PD 0.38-3

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Jul 31 16:37:58 CEST 2005

Hi Matthew,

> When I download the latest version of PD for Mac and uncompress it,
> all I get is one file - the PD app. Does anyone know ho w I can build
> flext if this is all I get? Perhaps I have downloaded the wrong
> version of PD?

no, it's just alright. On OSX, an application is a bundle, which is a
kind of folder in disguise. You can see the contents with right-click
and "see package contents" (or similar, i'm not on a Mac right now)
For flext compilation you'd specify something like
PDPATH=/Applications/Pd-0.38-3.app/Contents/Resources
which points to the PD folder inside the app bundle.

best greetings,
Thomas