[PD-dev] sf.net account created

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 12:14:19 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

Okay, I got my sf.net account: edkelly at sf.net

There follows a preamble about _me_

Edward Kelly is a Researcher working at the London
College of Communication, a composer of electronic,
electroacoustic and instrumental music and a DJ. After
studying first at the University of Hertfordshire and
then at the University of East Anglia in the UK, he
has had numerous concert appearances around the World.
Presently he is engaged in work with Miller Puckette's
Pure Data software composition environment,
researching live performance systems and timbral and
phonemic analysis tools involving the coding of new
objects for PD alone and in collaboration with other
developers.

It's boring and dry, but after the NATO debacle a few
years ago I think it's wise to keep the /cryptic/doc
to a minimum ;-)

So...what's the next move?

Best,
Ed,
PS Dave Casal reckons you may be able to assist me
with how to do makefiles? I know the SCons system is
coming in, but I'd still like to be able to put a
makefile together, rather than just hacking existing
(Puckette) makefiles. I think I see the structure, but
in particular I'd like to know how to code the
install: option (I tried, they kept complaining of
missing separators - see commented sections of
makefiles once uploaded to CVS).

Dr Edward Kelly
Research Assistant in Sonic Arts
London College of Communication