[PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 9 01:22:15 CEST 2005

here's some info because Tim prefers to have this stuff on the list, as
we're talking about making nontrivial changes to devel_0_39.

---------- Forwarded message (ABRIDGED) ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:08:46 +0200
From: Tim Blechmann <TimBlechmann at gmx.de>
To: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
Subject: Re: pure devil

> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> BTW In PureData Montréal #3 I made a joke that in devel_0_37, "devel"
> was merely two bits away from "devil", and that radioactive cats have 18
> halflives, and 18*37 = 666. ;-) For extra names I have "DesireData" and
> "SchemaData", both of which are wordplays on words in latin
> (respectively, "desiderata" and "schemata").
> I have more names but I don't think they're as good as the two above.

well, i disagree with knuth ... we should get some code done before
renaming it ;-)

> Two weeks after writing the above I've had Chun Lee sending me some of
> his work on a new GUI. We have decided to call it DesireData, and I've
> teached him how to commit to cvs, so now there is pd/src/desire.tk in
> devel_0_39.
>
> His stuff doesn't work, but is the basis of a GUI separated from Pd in
> a  way that IMPD was supposed to be and never was.

i had a brief look an the file ... seemed to be some fancy kind of pd's
gui ... but i missed some kind of introduction ... he did not post
anything to the lists. if we work on a project we should try to make sure
that everyone knows, what the other ones are doing ... and that we agree
on something ...

[...]

> > > Yup. When would you like to have that meeting?
> > maybe we should announce an informal pure dev[ei]l meeting
> What about next Friday, the 12th ?
if we do it a week later it's better for me ... i'm probably moving next
week to a place with internet connection ...

> > > Ok, but I still should start adding my changes to devel_0_39 ASAP,
> > > right ?
> > yes ...
>
> Still not done... and I have to work on alx's big project for the
> museum  (the exhibition opens up in six weeks from now). That won't be
> full time  work though, so I will be able to work on devel_0_39 too.
well, as you know, i'm a fan of communication, so we should try to
discuss on the lists when doing non-trivial changes ;-)