[PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Aug 9 14:46:42 CEST 2005

Hey Mathieu +

How would a graphical external be written in such a system with multiple
interchangable patchers/guis? Would there be any effort to abstract the
gui code to allow for one graphical external to be realized in all the
possible GUIs? I think we would loose a lot if graphic external "A" only
works on PD gui 2.3 and not on any others...

For me a nice API would include a nice way to build gui externals. Ever
nicer would be a cross-toolkit method of doing so. A heftly task I imagine.

Also I'm about to start on that help-patch searching system in tcl. (for
a start anyhow)

B.