[PD-dev] Re: darwin_pkg/noncvs/doc?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Aug 10 08:36:59 CEST 2005

packages/darwin_app/noncvs/*  are folders where I put external binaries
and help files that are not from CVS.  If you don't have any to add
there, you can just make blank folders.  I suppose I should make it
test for those folders to prevent that error, I'll put it on the
TODO...

.hc

On Aug 4, 2005, at 10:13 AM, james tittle wrote:

> hey,
>
> ...while compiling a version of pd with the cvs app package method,
> I've come across the following error:
>
> test -d noncvs/doc/5.reference && \
>         install -p -m0644 noncvs/doc/5.reference/*.*
> /Users/tigital/puredataDev/packages/darwin_app/build/Pd.app/Contents/
> Resources/doc/5.reference
> make: *** [darwin_app_noncvs] Error 1
>
> ...now what's weird to me is that I don't have a "noncvs/doc"
> directory in packages/darwin_pkg...so I tried "cvs update -dP", and
> got the following, which seems to indicate there is such a thing, but
> perhaps it's been deleted?
>
> ? darwin_app/!
> ? darwin_app/Makefile.tiger
> ? darwin_app/tiger.diff
> cvs update: Updating .
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app
> M darwin_app/Makefile
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app/noncvs
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app/noncvs/abstractions
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app/noncvs/doc
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app/noncvs/extra
> cvs update: Updating darwin_app/patches
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg/double-clickers
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg/noncvs
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg/noncvs/doc
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg/noncvs/doc/5.reference
> cvs update: Updating darwin_pkg/noncvs/extra
> cvs update: Updating debian
> cvs update: Updating win32_inno
> cvs update: Updating win32_inno/noncvs
> cvs update: Updating win32_inno/noncvs/abstractions
> cvs update: Updating win32_inno/noncvs/doc
> cvs update: Updating win32_inno/noncvs/extra
>
> ...is this something to ignore & edit out, or...?
>
> jamie

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                                                   -
retired U.S. Army general, William Odom