[PD-dev] loadbang order

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 12:01:40 CEST 2005

> > i'm currently thinking about an elegant way to get rid of the
> > problem of ordering loadbangs.
> >
> > from what i understand, at the moment, there is only the following
> > order of loadbangs:
> > abstractions, subpatches, canvas.
>
> Hm, is this "specified" somewhere? Or is it just "the way it
> is" currently, similar to the way, two connections of a message outlet
> are currently handled by creation order, however by specification the
> order there is undefined?
are you referring to a language specification ;-)

> My practical view to loadbang ordering is simple: The only elegant way
> to solve the problem is triggers. They make the ordering explicit and
> printable.
well, this only works as long as you are the maker of all loadbangs.
when you start to distribute a collection of abstractions (don't you
;-), you can't be sure any more that your user's loadbang occurs after
your loadbang. basically ANY abstraction that should be reusable by
others can't use loadbangs/loadbang-based externals.

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs