[PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Aug 15 00:02:20 CEST 2005

> TCL is currently not too slow. What's slowest is TK's canvas itself,
> and that the server sends too many updates to the client.
>
> I think I said that when Tim said this would be too slow, if he said
> that.
well, the big problem is not the speed of the gui, but the speed of the
communication between dsp core and gui ...

i don't care, if the gui takes 5 minutes to update the display of a 5
minutes buffer, unless i have a 5 minutes audio dropout ;-)

of course, if we would have a single process, multi-threaded pd without
any socket communication, we wouldn't have to send data over a socket
connection, that kills latency ... inter-thread communication is _much_
faster than inter-process communication using a network socket ...

but i'm not a gui programmer ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs