Usability [was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)]

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Mon Aug 15 20:00:41 CEST 2005

hi,

Am Montag 15 August 2005 19:41 schrieb Frank Barknecht:
> Hallo,
[...snip...]

> User selects two objects and then hits a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl-C
> or a menu entry, which automatically connects the two objects' first
> out/inlets. Also one-to-many-connections could be made very fast this
> way.
>
> However I didn't yet find a good way to make connecting other xlets
> than the first ones easier. Maybe selecting xlets instead of selecting
> object?

maybe some combination of ctrl-number ? like ctrl-1 to connect in/outlet#1?
or like: ctrl-number to select the source outlet, release ctrl, and enter the
number of the receiving inlet?

> More ideas:
>
> Select many objects and use a menu entry: "Convert selection to
> subpatch". Max has this now and it sounds like quite a cool idea.

funny, i had this idea for karma also, since months ..... there are even
(dysfunctional) menu entries: collapse/explode (to make a subpatch out of a
selection, and the opposite: to explode a subpatch into its objects)

> Just my 2ct collection.
>
> Ciao

greets,

chris