Usability [was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 15 20:12:50 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Christian Klippel hat gesagt: // Christian Klippel wrote:

> maybe some combination of ctrl-number ? like ctrl-1 to connect in/outlet#1?
> or like: ctrl-number to select the source outlet, release ctrl, and enter the
> number of the receiving inlet?

Well, Ctrl-1,2,3,4,5 are taken already.

I just got an alternatve idea: How about moving the connection using
e.g. the cursor keys? When only a connection is selected, LEFT would
move the inlet-connection one inlet left, Shift-LEFT would move the
outlet connection left.

Probably this should not be done using the cursor keys as they are
also used to move objects.

Oh, and selecting connections by moving over them with the mouse would
also make work more comfortable.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44