Usability [was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 16 21:26:56 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Oops.. Frank already had this idea, sorry...
>
> > I just got an alternatve idea: How about moving the connection using
> > e.g. the cursor keys? When only a connection is selected, LEFT would
> > move the inlet-connection one inlet left, Shift-LEFT would move the
> > outlet connection left.
> >
> > Probably this should not be done using the cursor keys as they are
> > also used to move objects.
> >
> why not?  You can't select objects and connections simultaneously anyhow.

Indeed, I didn't think about this.

Another open question could be how to handle moving a patch cord so
that it would result in an "illegal" connection like trying to connect
a signal cord to a message inlet. I'd say the patch cord should just
jump over illegal connections.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44