Usability [was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 17 00:34:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Another idea I've had for years: hit "enter" in an object box to make a new,
> empty one just below and connect the two.

Another idea I've had for years is a way to insert an object at any given
patchcord, so that the patchcord gets split into two parts, one which goes
into inlet 0 of the inserted object and one that goes out of outlet 0 of
the inserted object.

Another idea I've just had is that while dragging a connection out of an
outlet, pressing Ctrl+1 would create a new object _and_ connect it at the
end of the new patchcord.