[PD-dev] loadbang order

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Aug 17 16:29:51 CEST 2005

> > it's like having an abstraction like this after the inlets:
> > |inlet data|
> > | |loadbang|
> > |/
> > |pipe infinity|
> > |outlet data|
> > misusing pipe as message queue ...
>
> Why do you call it a misuse ?
because it's a workaround ...

> > well, i somehow like to have a solution covering all cases ...
>
> Which cases am I missing???
well, if you compare an abstraction with a class in oo programming
languages (i think this somehow makes sense), the loadbangs would be the
equivalent to a constructor.
since you know more programming languages than i do ... how many
programming languages allow the use of classes, before the constructor
was executed? i don't know any ...

if we want to see pd as a programming language, we should start to treat
it as one ;-)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs