[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1263139 ] Startup messages too verbose

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 18 19:03:11 CEST 2005

SourceForge.net wrote:

> Initial Comment:
> Hi Iohannes,
>
> this is a wishlist bug: Since Zexy2 single Zexy
> externals in the path spit out  a lot of messages like:
>
> [a2l]
>         part of zexy-2.1
>         Copyright (l) IOhannes m zmölnig, 1999-2005
>         forum::für::umläute
>         IEM
>         compiled:  Aug  5 2005
>
> when Pd is started. This makes it hard to read anything
> important that came before zexy is loaded, for example,
> if Midi devices were found etc.
>
> My wish would be to follow the "no news is good news"
> approach and not print these messages or make them a
> lot shorter.

hmmmm
there was a bug in zexy-2.0 that displayed this verbosity for each
object even when zexy was compiled as a single monolithic library.

the only thing i can (read: want to) offer, is that the verbosity could
be stripped down to 2 lines instead of 7, like

[a2l]   part of zexy-2.1 (Aug  5 2005)
        Copyright (l) IOhannes m zmölnig, forum::für::umläute, IEM 1999-2005

i admit that i am not really willing to give up the individual
splash-screens for each external to be loaded. (this is partly due to
the way i read the GPL; but it is likely that i will stay stubborn even
if you can prove that i am misunderstanding the GPL)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes