[PD-dev] pd.tk in devel

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 12:29:38 CEST 2005

> how does it break devel installations? it resides only in the source
> directory and is not copied by the SConscript..
i haven't been able to figure that out, yet ... my guess is that if pd
is run from a specific directory, it finds your pd.tk, not the pd.tk
from u_main.tk ... some people run pd, without installing it!

>  you can go ahead and delete it, since every time ive ever checked in
>  somethign to devel, it got overwritten eventually, either by a
>  checkin from yourself...or a version rev of the devel tag, or a
>  version rev from miller which didnt take any of the stuff from devel
>  anyways...so its a fairly pointless exercise, except that i like to
>  have a remote backup of my stuff somewhere reliable..
i can understand you ... but i'm trying to maintain the stuff and i'm
the one that people contact when "devel doesn't work" or "i can't see a
menu" or "devel_0_39: wont launch (bug)"

i'm happy for any contribution to devel, but i think i've given you
reasons, why i rejected the ix-gui, why i have problems with the pd.tk,
any with yesterday's change to the sconscript ...

cheer ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs