[PD-dev] osx packages build question

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 20:52:12 CEST 2005

hey everyone,

...well, finally did it!  It was tough headscratching work, but now
I've learned a ton about basic shell programming and regex and such,
so it's worth it ;-)

...Just committed a new Makefile++ and resource file to packages
which allow building the whole shebang via gcc4.0 & using tcl/tk
8.4.10 (or newer) :-) This really opens the door for the following
releases:  devel_0_38, devel_0_39, devel_0_39+carmen's stuff+tcl/tk8.5
+tcl/tkextensions+gridflow/ruby.framework, etc., but also it's time
to really talk about (and fix) the unified distro, like what new
stuff to include, how to fix up path/startup entry preferences,
whether or not we should put everything inside the .app (thinking
here about example patches that need to be opened, but can't be
because the app package is not visible in the open file dialog)...

...I'm also curious as to how up-to-date the "build" directory files
are?  Fr'instance, I know zexy's been updated & split up into parts
recently, as has the iem stuff...

...sorry I didn't get this to ya before the 0.39-0 release,
miller...anyway, I'll upload an example of what I have built when I
get home tonight...

jamie

ps:  there's also some changes to pd itself, in that I've got it
using dl_open instead of the deprecated NSwhateverbundleloader
stuff:  I'll get this in cvs soon...