[PD-dev] Adding new developers to sf.net : process?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 15 19:09:08 CEST 2005

Hallo,
David Plans Casal hat gesagt: // David Plans Casal wrote:

> How does one become a pd dev with cvs access? I'm used to ASF policy on
> this (by vote), but even though I've been using PD for yonks, never
> found out.

We don't have a policy.

In the past it normally worked like this: Someone of the current
developers suggests to add a new developer whom (s)he knows. This is
announced here and if no one speaks up against the new developer for a
certain time, like 1-3 days, then some of the maintainers who has a
bit of time ATM adds this developer to the developer list. Of course
is the new dev is really new, that is, never posted something to the
list, has no code to show or whose name doesn't ring a bell at all,
then this might take more time. But so far the new developers were
generally active here before.

So it's based on a vague concept of trust, which you earn by being
active here or by already knowing some of the current developers.

This is not a policy at all, it's just the way it has been so far. And
so far it has worked quite okay, I think.

Ciao