[PD-dev] building DesireData with scons on OSX

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 04:11:13 CEST 2005

hi kyle,

On Sep 15, 2005, at 9:56 PM, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> I was trying to figure this out with matju on #dataflow, but he had to
> go.  So I will document it here, since it might be a problem for other
> OSX users wanting to try DesireData and drool a little.

...I've been battling with this all week, on and off, so hang tight:
too many changes to mention atm, but I'll be uploading them to cvs
relatively soon!  I'm also adding a bit more chaos to the challenge
by building it into the app/package/bundle, and it turns out there's
a ton of issues with that, mostly dealing with how the embedded wish
thinks of paths...

...if you really wanna plug away, I can tell you that the errors you
reported can be fixed by declaring static in both cases...beyond
that, many more issues:  I've stopped for the night at getting pd to
load into gdb with both carmen's window working (!) and the icons
finally loading:  more to go...anyway, sit tight...

l8r,
jamie