[PD-dev] uninitialized values bug

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Oct 6 21:36:17 CEST 2005

> >> Why should I make efforts to contribute to a branch I don't plan to
> >> continue to use, and that I wish gets replaced by devel_0_39 in
> >> day-to-day
> >> use?
> >

> > But I can definitely tell you now that any interest I might have
> > had in  helping the devel/inpure/whatever branch is rapidly
> > evaporating. You  guys need to come down off your high horses, you
> > are all using Miller's  Pd.  Most of the code in that branch was
> > still written by Miller.
> >
> yes, i second that.
> furthermore, i regret the arrogant
> attitude of people who think they invented a brand new program
> because they changed the interface..
> don't judge a book by the cover...
>
> don't forget that Miller is very busy,
> that he is making good efforts to incorporate
> useful changes and that he is a philosopher and writer
> so he doesn't spend all his time on code.
>
> i'm just interested in having a click-free pd,
> and i posted some patches for having
> a threaded soundfiler that 2 years ago,
> i still using these patches.

well, pd is a piece of software, that is able to do a few things, and
is lacking a lot of features ... (especially, it's not designed to be
click-free)

a user interface is a pretty important part of the software, since it's
the "interface" to the "user" ... a bit more, than the cover of a book.
beside that, there are more severe changes in devel, (dsp) scheduling,
threading, that aim to a clean solution, but they won't result in a
clean solution, if 20000 groups of developers are inventing 20001
wheels ... some other changes that would result in a click-free
software will require some even larger changes, not to mention that it
will most likely collide with other changes, if it's not coordinated.

personally i have to admit, that i'm really fed up with this whole
discussion. pd will probably me my audio programming language for the
next few years, but it will definitely not be my long-term solution!

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs