[PD-dev] scons issues

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Oct 13 10:16:38 CEST 2005

> that building pd with scons prefix=/usr lets scons run
> into an endless loops - it just keeps eating memory
> and  does appearantly nothing after the build process.
> It would be great to have some hints on building pd
> with scons in install.txt ...

hm ... i never experienced this ... where have you put your pd sources?

> Also, the -mfpmath=sse option in the Sconscript in
> src/ failed on my p4 (with gentoo). changing this to
> -mfpmath=sse,387 seems to be a workaround.

how does it fail? to use the -mfpmath=sse option, i think, you'll have
to use optimize=pentium4 or similar ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs