[PD-dev] loadlib1, loadlib2... vs. ordered loadlib

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 16 22:42:31 CEST 2005

In the new pdsettings, the libs to load are currently listed with
distinct arguments to represent order, i.e. loadlib1, loadlib2, etc.
That makes it quite hard to add things to the preferences
programmatically.  For example, if I want to use the "defaults" command
in Mac OS X to add a library to be loaded, I'd have to parse the
existing prefs file to know which loadlib? argument to use.

Is there any specific reason why a generic "loadlib" statement couldn't
be used?  The order that they are listed in the file would then
represent loadlib1, loadlib2, etc.  If I implemented this would it be
included in the core?

____

this we should do freely and generously.

                          - Benjamin Franklin