[PD-dev] Re: externals/build SConscript

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 1 02:05:01 CET 2005

Its unfortunate that we have two build systems that do the exact same
thing.  It would be nice if all that effort went into one build system
that was really good, instead of making a new one that duplicates the
old one.  This is all stuff that was covered years ago in the
makefiles.

But I guess that's open source.  People are welcome to do whatever
floats their boat. I am certainly not going to stop anyone.

.hc

On Oct 28, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Lorenz Schori wrote:

> hi
>
> i've done a little work on the SConscript in external build system to
> better support osx:
> - define MACOSX for osx builds (for miXed)
> - remove -dynamiclib from SHLINKFLAGS and add -bundle and
> -bundle_loader ../../pd/bin/pd
> - fink and darwinports locations are added to CPPPATH and LIBPATH if
> they exist
> - search for *.libs files in win/darwin/linux and after in src
> directory and add the flags
>
> - some few externals still don't compile because of missing libraries
> and .libs or minor include problems.
>
> perhaps we could introduce some static link option (i'm not sure if
> i'd like statically linked externals). another possibility would be to
> just grep for the used libraries (*.libs) and bundle them with the
> externals or with pd.app (not quite trivial. see:
> http://qin.laya.com/tech_coding_help/dylib_linking.html).
>
> lorenz
>
> <SConstruct>

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.

          -David Zicarelli