[PD-dev] Re: externals/build SConscript

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Nov 1 12:42:25 CET 2005

> The libraries should be deprecated where ever possible, instead we
> should use a common build system.  That will save everyone a lot of
> time.

why?

> The one in externals/build works well, no its not perfect,
> but its there and it works.

the problem is, it's only working well for a subset of externals. iirc,
there is not a single flext external in there.

btw, i'm using scons as extension to the flext build system, which
works pretty reliable since it's easy to extend it to non-standard
cases. (searching for weird libraries etc)
imo, someone should look into it and write a platform independent
scons Builder then we wouldn't have this nasty discussion any more.

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs