[PD-dev] New to list

caca ix at replic.net
Sat Nov 12 10:58:59 CET 2005

> > I don't know CVS or what compiler or make utility you're using.

welcome... there are as many make utilities as there are users. for the core: theres pd/src/makefile.nt for VC6, VS.NET project maintained by the devel users, SCons which can build via MSVC or MinGW (or Borland, or...) for the externals: in the attic of /externals/build/windows theres a VC6 makefile to build the C externs but it failed on about half of them for MSVCisms and such, so theres a GCC-oriented makefile there now..in externals/build theres a SConscript that tends to barely work on windows (i got it compiling a few and lost interest) and in /packages/windows there may or may not be a makefile attempting to do similar things..based on the one in p/ackages/darwin/

i think that covers most of the choices, for windows. on linux theres the "one true choice"...

> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=55736
>
> From Windows users I often hear that they're using TortoiseCVS.
>
> For the build system you will need SCons (and therefore Python).
>
> > I do know C and some Tk, and I've been doing audio programming for video
> > games for the last 15 years or so. And that's what brings me here today.
>
> What would you like to improve in PureData ?

id like to make PD work on my computer, i enjoyed using it!