[PD-dev] Versions for MinGW setup

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Tue Nov 15 16:05:14 CET 2005

Hallo!

> Could anyone tell me the details of their MinGW build setup?  For
> example, which versions of pthreads, etc. that you are using.  I am both
I just managed to do the right linking with pthread - but for an
external and not for main pd ...

for pthread you simply have to link against pthreadGC.dll
(with MSVC you link against pthreadVC.dll - which means Visual C - so if
you don't have pthreadGC.dll you also have to install this dll, because
it's not included in the pd bin folder ... pthead.h is included in the
src directory of the pd windows installation ...)

BTW: could it be a problem, if you compile pd with MSVC (= link against
pthreadVC.dll) and an threaded external with MinGW (link against
pthreadGC.dll) ?
I only tried to also link the external in MinGW against pthreadVC.dll,
but got a crash - so I think it should be okay ... ?

LG
Georg