[PD-dev] pd.app & internal paths

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 15 19:26:16 CET 2005

Depends on whether that abstraction is meant to be an application or an
object.  If its meant to be an object, like RRADical stuff, for
example, it should go into "extra" with the rest of the objects, and
have a help patch in 5.reference. The list-abs stuff are objects
written in Pd, so they should be treated any other Pd objects.

As for applications, like demo patches, examples, etc., I am planning
on making an "Examples" tree that included the example trees from Gem,
PMPD, etc., as well as anything else along those lines.  The RRADical
showcase is another example.

I am now in the process of creating the cross-platform extended package
maker, basically a port of the Pd.app stuff, with some new stuff thrown
in.  My current idea is to make a Makefile for CVS/abstractions and
CVS/doc which would build into a "build" directory like "externals".
Then the "abstractions" repository in CVS would basically be a
repository of code that uses the common build method, kind of like
"externals", though that's more mixed up.

.hc