[PD-dev] windows compiling/linking problem

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Nov 17 10:55:32 CET 2005

Hallo!

> the main difference is just that linux doesnt care about resolving symbols at compile time, where windows does. so if you add pd.dll (mingw) or pd.lib (msvc) to linker arguments it should work. and make sure theres no 'static' preceding the definition of the function..
well, I made all that stuff ...
in windows you cannot use any non-static function of pd which is not
declared explicitely as __declspec(dllexport) extern (don't know the
right syntax now ...) - correct me if I'm wrong ...

> true, and libsndfile compiles in MinGW at least, used it for readanysf~..
you compiled readanysf~ on win? - I think there are for sure some
windows guys interested in it ... :)

LG
Georg