[PD-dev] windows compiling/linking problem

carmen ix at replic.net
Thu Nov 17 11:21:18 CET 2005

> well, I made all that stuff ...
> in windows you cannot use any non-static function of pd which is not
> declared explicitely as __declspec(dllexport) extern (don't know the
> right syntax now ...) - correct me if I'm wrong ...

it should work in MinGW without explicit export (just add /path/to/pd.dll to LFLAGS, and -mms-bitfields to CFLAGS if you want MSVC ABI compatibility).

at least it never had problems with ggee or yves gui objects that linked to private-header stuff..but maybe it was all declared EXTERN?

#if defined(MSW) && !defined (__GNUC__)
#ifdef PD_INTERNAL
#define EXTERN __declspec(dllexport) extern
#else
#define EXTERN __declspec(dllimport) extern
#endif /* PD_INTERNAL */
#else
#define EXTERN extern
#endif /* MSW */

..sorry, lost the win32 binaries, but all readanysf~ deps compiled with ./configure && make install in MinGW