[PD-dev] Invitation for the Pd project to join the Linuxaudio.org consortium

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Mon Nov 21 17:39:39 CET 2005

On 20 Nov 2005, at 20:02, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> please consider having Pd become a member-project of the consortium.
> With
> this membership, one of the developers/contributors (or commonly the
> original author) would be asked to serve as the project's
> representative who
> would stand for its interests and concerns within the context of the
> consortium.

+1  (for miller puckette representation and membership of Linuxaudio

(my 2eurocents below)

> awards in recognition of:
>
> *projects that have exhibited most progress in the past year
> *artists whose works have been generated using solely open-source
> software
> *institutions which have provided most support to the open-source audio
> community (software, hardware, services, or via various other
> resources)

That is a truly inspired idea, and one about which I've talking to
several people lately. It would be great to see this happen through a
bigger organisation such as Linuxaudio, which will be able to focus
efforts.

>  Finally, we are also considering to possibly
> support a bounty-based system where we could try to fund most urgently
> sought additions to the current Linux audio scene (this would likely
> be a
> vote-based system).

Yes please!

> Finally, for what it's worth, I've also noticed that recently there
> has been
> a lot of talk on the Pd list regarding forming a foundation and/or
> bounty-based system of some sorts that would help Pd grow, which is
> something that Linuxaudio.org could easily complement once its
> foundation is
> put in place.

Once again, +1

I'm wondering why I haven't seen any more votes on this from the
dev-list.

People?

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios