[PD-dev] loaderHEX bug report

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 22 16:43:09 CET 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> in build/mtx_0x2a.c the wrong setup-function is defined.
>

> Ah, thanks... it was a long day.  Did you get the other bug report?
> That one is a bug in the patch... really!  ;)

yes, i  know though i haven't made any steps to commit a fixed patch yet...

> I have a question, why did you reverse the order of the original
> stantard setup function?
>
> i.e. original = mtx_+_setup()    altname =  setup_mtx_0x2a()
>
> I think that just makes things confusing and causes bugs, well, like
> the one we just talked about.

yes it is confusing but:
i want to have a different setup-function for the alternative names;
otherwise it would forbid to make an object that is really called
"mtx_0x2a". on 2nd thought, this is _almost_ impossible now too, because
it is hard (though possible) to have 2 mtx_0x2a.pd_linux lying around
(one for the [mtx_*] and one for [mtx_0x2a])

what is more important is, that you cannot start function names with
numbers (at least in C)
so the [<<<] object (which would expand to "0x3c0x3c0x3c") cannot have a
valid setup-function "0x3c0x3c0x3c_setup()"; however
"setup_0x3c0x3c0x3c()" is fine.

so i really think, that there should be 2 separate names (if we agree,
that it would be a bad idea to rename the standard setupfun-name to
setup_***()

mfg.a.r
IOhannes