[PD-dev] OpenAL objects

steve symons steve at muio.org
Tue Nov 22 18:11:16 CET 2005

Hi
i have been developing a system for PD to access OpenAL - as I couldn't
find any references to it in resp to PD and I want to get DSP into a 3D
world environment + utilise hardware acceleration.

Please tell me if you know of how to do this already!

Anyway.  I have 2 objects - OpenAL_context and an OpenAL_source.

I can happily use 3 to 5 (it varies) sources at once and it works fine.
  Very happy.

BUT add a 6th (or sometimes a 3 or 4,5th etc) and the audio streamed
into the 3D world messes up.  It retains position and hardware pitch
shift (or seems to).

Ideas anyone? It maybe that I have misunderstood the PD audio process.

Is anyone interested in exploring this with me?  I need it for a
project (http://muio.org link to aura) but will release opensource when
happier with it.

Steve