[PD-dev] tgrills' alternate loader function

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Nov 23 12:25:54 CET 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:

> I just saw the alternate loader patch and really like that idea.  It
> would be handy to write externals in any script language too.  Since
> IOhannes and I have also just written alternate loaders of sorts (HEX
> and libdir), it would be good to incorporate these two patches with
> yours and get it into the Pd-extended builds to try it out.

true

> There isn't enough info for me to include your patch, to start with,
> a  diff -uw (with context) would make for a more flexible patch.
> Also, I  didn't see how to add new loader functions (I've never worked
> with  pointers to functions in C).

i updated the tracker item with a -uw patch and a small usage example. I
hope things are clearer now - it's simplistic.

> You can see IO's and my patches in CVS in packages/patches.
> loaderHEX-0.39-1.patch and libdir-0.38-4.patch.  Both apply smoothly
> to  0.38.4 and pd in CVS.

don't forget that i'm under Windows where patching tools are not that
comfortable.
Also, i never work with Miller's version, so i can't be sure whether the
patch applies ok there.

best greetings,
Thomas

--