[PD-dev] loaderHEX bug report

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 23 23:34:33 CET 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 11:53 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> How long does it really take you to type 4 characters?  Compare that
>> to  how long is takes to figure out an arbitrarily defined API.  Or
>> how  long it takes to debug something because you forgot whether you
>> are  supposed to put the setup first or last.
>
> the API is of course always arbitrary.
> just imagine how long it will take you to figure out what goes wrong
> when you forgot the (arbitrary!) "alt_" (or whatever) prefix.
> i think it is just the same.
>
>> With a good API, you can tell what each function does by its name
>> alone.  Looking at these names, what is the difference:
>> setup_receive()  vs receive_setup()
>
> i don't know: does "receive_setup()" mean "setup a receive-class" and
> "setup_receive()" means "receive a setup"?
> what does this tell us??

You seem hell bent on winning obfuscated C contest.  I prefer readable
code.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith