decision making (was: Re: [PD-dev] -Wall)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Nov 28 02:08:17 CET 2005

hi devs ...

matju and me disagree on one the following problem:

> btw i'm making efforts to "fix" warnings that i get with using "scons
> wall=1", which turns on "-Wall" in gcc.
>
> This is so that new warnings are more easily noticed, and because
> unused variables make the code more difficult to understand.
>
> i've fixed most of them already. (except in g_*.c)

in my opinion, we shouldn't fix these warnings, because it make merging
much more difficult. it would make the code slightly more readable, but
merging will be _much_ more difficult. (in this case, i'd stop merging
stuff)

i think, this is one of the first instances, where the pd developer
community should try to find a _common_ decision and thus would
propose an election.

best ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs