[PD-dev] compiler optimizations and TclTk

carmen ix at replic.net
Tue Nov 29 00:12:13 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:35:30PM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Has anyone ever done any profiling to see whether it makes any
> difference if you compile TclTk with the CPU compiler flags?

switching to 8.5 did seem to help a decent amount, more so than any optimilization flags.. kind of like the sIMD additions to devel helps much more than slopping on a bunch of -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer gunk. but youre welcome to play funroll-loops and let us know what you find :)

>  One of
> the next steps is to make a global OPTIM_FLAGS variable, so that the

the last 'pd wont compile' to this list was actually caused by aggressive optimization flags coupled with redhat's screwy compilers..