[PD-dev] removing class_sethelpsymbol() from externals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 29 18:28:56 CET 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> place in the above condition, where its needed.   Here are some
> libraries affected: ann, chaos, beatpipe, cxc, ekext, ext13, jackx,
> k_cext, k_jack~, OSC, pidip, signal, sprinkler, svf~ unauthorized,
> zexy, zhzxh~.

i am not convinced yet that i want to have the helpsymbols removed from
zexy.
(this does not mean i am totally against it, but i will need some
consideration on my side; there's no use arguing with me on that ;-))

> Here are some that are affected, but maintained outside of the
> pure-data CVS (therefore I can't change): gridflow, iemmatrix, iemlib.

how comes you think that iemmatrix is maintained outside of the sf-CVS?
(just because tm is co-author doesn't mean it is)

> Here's the sed script for those who want to do it themselves:
>
> sed -i.bak 's|class_sethelpsymbol(.*class, *gensym(.*));||' *.c

note that the "-i" flag is GNU-sed only.
and i didn't know you can use pipe as delimiter for the expression. each
day you have something to learn ;-)

mfg.as.r
IOhannes