[PD-dev] need access to a AMD64? PowerPC?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 1 04:20:39 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > Check out SourceForge's compile farm, they have two AMD64's running
> > Fedora Core 3.  I am trying a build now.
> [...]
> > I am starting in on an automated build system that'll email us when
> > things don't compile...
> Getting things to compile is only an easy first step. Currently, Pd
> compiles fine in 64-bit mode, but that's pretty useless because the
> problems we have with 64-bit mode are invisible to the compiler.

I mean, can we get a full shell account on such a machine and can we make
it run a "make test" ? It would be nice to be able to run some pd patches
unattended.

A good "make test" which would make a report for which object has bugs,
would be a great thing to have for PureData.

Ruby has such a thing (called Rubicon); and any important scripting
language has one.

Has anyone implemented TDD features in Pd? (as abstractions or externals,
doesn't matter)