[PD-dev] need access to a AMD64? PowerPC?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 1 06:51:46 CET 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Check out SourceForge's compile farm, they have two AMD64's running
>>> Fedora Core 3.  I am trying a build now.
>> [...]
>>> I am starting in on an automated build system that'll email us when
>>> things don't compile...
>> Getting things to compile is only an easy first step. Currently, Pd
>> compiles fine in 64-bit mode, but that's pretty useless because the
>> problems we have with 64-bit mode are invisible to the compiler.
>
> I mean, can we get a full shell account on such a machine and can we
> make
> it run a "make test" ? It would be nice to be able to run some pd
> patches
> unattended.

Very much so.

> A good "make test" which would make a report for which object has bugs,
> would be a great thing to have for PureData.

Indeed it would.

> Ruby has such a thing (called Rubicon); and any important scripting
> language has one.
>
> Has anyone implemented TDD features in Pd? (as abstractions or
> externals,
> doesn't matter)

A friend of mine who has built such things for other software packages
has talked about it on and off.  But he's quite busy these days, so
don't expect anything in the near future.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith