[PD-dev] -Wall

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 2 05:34:49 CET 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Thomas Grill wrote:
>
>> I was always sceptical about large-area changes to the code base and
>> am
>> pleased that DesireData has its own sandbox within desire.c and some
>> tcl
>> scripts.
>
> It hasn't. I mean, some things are outside of desire.*, especially
> because they can't be implemented in there.
>
>> i would strongly encourage that larger changes to the code are
>> discussed
>> before and have to be supported by some majority of people working on
>> the branch.
>
> If there is a majority then there has to be a population. If there's a
> population then there has to be a list of the electorate. So, who's
> allowed to vote and who's not?

Yes, we do need to define a collective decision process.  But for such
things, just a consensus of the pd-dev list has worked pretty well,
i.e. post your suggested changes, and wait for some responses.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."
                                                        - Thomas
Jefferson