[PD-dev] proposed externals/build/src changes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 2 05:41:28 CET 2005

I would like to incorporate the functionality in
externals/build/*/makefile into the Pd-extended build, i.e.
externals/Makefile.  I would like to reorganize things so that we can
take advantage of the namespace.  This would mean that file locations
would change.  Plus, externals/Makefile builds for linux, darwin, and
MinGW, so externals/build/*/makefile would not be needed anymore.
Anyone can add Irix, BSD, etc. to externals/Makefile too, it should be
pretty easy.  MSVC might be trickier unless it can follow UNIX-style
paths.

Besides the debian packaging, is anyone else relying on the current
setup?  I want to break as little as possible in this process.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams