[PD-dev] Re: externals!

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 12:32:04 CET 2005

cc'ed to pd-dev, so that newbies like me can find the
info!

--- Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
> - class_sethelpsymbol() is optional.  Pd will
> automatically set the
> help patch if its not specified.  I recommend that
> you don't use it

right, but is the default name help-myobject.pd or
simply myobject.pd?

> - I recommend that you make a personal folder in CVS
> externals/.  In
> there you can make separate libraries my directory.
> For example, I
> have externals/hcs, and in that externals/hcs/hid,
> or
> externals/ggee/gui for example.
>
> - for Makefile, check out externals/Makefile.  You
> can follow cxc:,
> cxc_install: or smlib:, smlib_install: for an
> example.  It should be
> pretty straightforward.

externals/ekext is my directory. I have on several
occaisions cvs-ed voicing_detector~ and zeroxpos~, but
they do not appear to have worked, despite the cvs
reporting back that no conflicts were found? Last time
I cvs-ed them was yesterday...

Best,
Ed

->