platform defines, was: Re: [PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1217414 ] change defines MACOSX to __APPLE__

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 3 07:09:48 CET 2005

On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Thomas Grill wrote:

>> its oh so bad, that w32 doesn't really have such an
>> automatic define.
>> (mingw does define __WIN32__; probably it would be good to
>> add that one to the NT/MSW magic in m_pd.h)
>>
> small addition:
> _WIN32 is defined with MSVC and MinGW gcc, but not with cygwin
> gcc(there's a __CYGWIN__ instead)

I've been using WIN32 which apparently both MSVC and MinGW define.
MinGW apparently also defines __WIN32__, don't know about MSVC.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith