[PD-dev] more windows compile issues

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 14:57:48 CET 2005

Hi devlist,

 I've been playing around  with a signal external, trying to compile under windows XP with MSVC6  (Oh, how I love unix...) and with various combinations of the  #ifdef  defines at the top of the .c file I get:

  Syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'
  and undeclared identifiers if the final #endif is after the #else statement,

  Unexpected end of file found if there is no final #endif (as you'd expect),

  Mismatched #if/#endif pair if the #endif is at the end of the file.

  All other configurations (leaving out the #ifdef NT block, also changing _MSC_VER to NT) result in the syntax error error.

  Now, I know I'm being lazy, not finding out what the blocks of code do.  Could anyone be bothered to explain this to me? If I understood what  these are doing then I might be able to troubleshoot more efficiently  than hit-and miss.
  And...is anyone out there still compiling externs with MSVC??? Hans???

  Best,
  Ed

->
->
-->
--->
----->
-------->
-------------> r3search + praktik EK5perimenz

 Yahoo! Model Search  - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now