[PD-dev] Re: Linux-Installer bugfix

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 7 00:58:08 CET 2005

Hallo,

> What I meant is that pd-extended would be a debian package with
> everything but Pd itself in it.  Then you would be free to install
> pd-extended in combo with the Pd of your choosing.  There would be some
> problems with compatibility with some of the features of pd-devel if
> externals are using them, but other wise it would work.  Maybe there
> could be a debian package of just all of the Pd-based files, like
> abstractions and doc, then the compiled stuff would be separate.

Which reminds me: Debian's policy handles documentation in some
special way, which I need to read up on, but things like html-docs,
pdf-Howtos etc. should be in /usr/share/doc/pd-something, whereas we
can keep the patches in /usr/lib/pd/doc. Moving the files with
Debian's package tools is easy, however if they are called from Pd
(like the html-manual) we need to take special care. Though, for now I
would be happy to get a current package of pd with externals running,
wherever the docs show up in the end.

Ciao