[PD-dev] removing files from externals/build/src

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 13 06:40:36 CET 2005

On Dec 12, 2005, at 6:38 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> One further problem here is, that in Pd, which is a graphical
>> language, it is easier to overlook the [import net] object depending
>> on where it is placed (and who placed it).
>
> this is a good point.
> the [import] needs to be treated in a special way anyhow, since it
> should be enforced to be "executed" before anything else in the patch
> (else it would make the patch totally obfuscated, and we would lose
> more than we gain)
>
> this makes me think of putting "import" into the patch
> meta-information (like position, size, font,...); probably a
> "status-field" of the patch would be a good thing to have (directly
> below the menu)
>
> just thinking aloud

That does make sense.  But [import] was just so quick and easy ;).  The
only downside of having the imports in the properties/meta that I can
see is that what is being imported is much less obvious.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams