[PD-dev] removing files from externals/build/src

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 13 17:02:47 CET 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 4:08 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Like Java, C, etc., only the bare minimum would be in the "toplevel".
>> So send/receive would be like [pd/send] or [pd/receive] or maybe
>> [core/send], or whatever.
>
> What do you mean "etc." ? Most other languages I know that have
> namespaces
> use the toplevel namespace to hold the core of the language.

I'd like to see what kind of program you could write without any
#includes in C, or without any imports in Java. Not a whole lot.  Java,
for example, has nothing in the toplevel namespace, even Object is in
java.lang.Object.

>> Personally, I am not a fan of abbreviations, I think they are messy
>> and
>> provide basically no real benefit.
>
> "may all your [t a a] be replaced by [trigger anything anything]" is an
> ancient chinese curse.

I already often do using [trigger anything anything], it would be a
minor change.

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore