[PD-dev] Is gensym() threadsafe?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 00:12:26 CET 2005

hi kjetil,

> Hm, no, actually, I can't do that. Snd isn't running with
> realtime priority, so if pd needs to wait for snd, pd will in
> practice lose its realtime priority when it has to wait for Snd.
> Miller P.: Please apply Tim's threadsafe gensym to your version. :-)

i know ... priority inversion and all the stuff ... the problem of the
threadsafe gensym implementation ... it's using a thread lock, too ...
although only for the inserting into the hash table ...
i've got a lockfree thread safe implementation of a hash table on my
hard drive, but i wrote it in c++ and it's only tested on x86/linux ...

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs