[PD-dev] Is gensym() threadsafe?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 00:24:12 CET 2005

> > i know ... priority inversion and all the stuff ... the problem of
> > the threadsafe gensym implementation ... it's using a thread lock,
> > too ... although only for the inserting into the hash table ...
> > i've got a lockfree thread safe implementation of a hash table on my
> > hard drive, but i wrote it in c++ and it's only tested on
> > x86/linux ...
> >

> But its the same hash that is created anyway right? So all I got to
> do is to cut and paste pd-s gensym implementation into my code and
> call the function and hash-table for something else, and then I'm
> done.

not exactly ... what you could do is to take my code from devel and
replace the hashtable lock by the sys_lock

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs