[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Dec 18 01:56:22 CET 2005

> >>So for doing Debian packages of Pd we could either elect someone to
> >>create portaudio packages that match our needs, or we'd need to
> >>make Pd run with PA 0.18, as provided with Debian. Choose your
> >>poison!

pa18: portaudio api1
pa19: portaudio api2
please note, that it's portaudio 18, not 0.18!

> All I did was check in portmidi where Miller had overlooked it.
> Currently the way the "pd" section is set up is a mirror of Miller's
> development enviroment.  It will only makes our lives more
> complicated if the CVS does not mirror Miller's development
> environment as much as possible (sadly ASIO can't be included, maybe
> we should replace ASIO with DirectSound support?  DirectSound
> included in MinGW.)

i guess, you've done extensive tests that verify that directsound gives
as good latency results as asio?

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs