[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Dec 18 04:56:08 CET 2005

Am 18.12.2005 um 01:55 schrieb Tim Blechmann:

>>> So for doing Debian packages of Pd we could either elect someone to
>>> create portaudio packages that match our needs, or we'd need to
>>> make Pd run with PA 0.18, as provided with Debian. Choose your
>>> poison!
>>
>> The poison I'll be choosing is to advocate reverting the change, and
>> maybe even do it. If Tim wants to keep PA outside of devel_0_39 he
>> should submit the idea to the democratic process that he advocates
>> using.
>
> feel free to check it in again ... that's probably the moment, when i'm
> going to fork off from devel_0_39 to have a codebase that i can use for
> my needs...

Oh wow, what's that? - cool down your horses.
To my mind the question if PA is inside or outside the cvs can't be a
real reason to fork. If it's inside one can just simply ignore it - if
it's outside, it's no problem either, since there's another site to
grab it.
For my part, in the previous mail, i was just talking about the devel
branch, where i don't see real merits to have old PA sources sticking
around. For Miller's branch, i see no problem keeping PA since it might
help people compiling it, and others can still ignore it.
What i definitely dislike is a power struggle about who's the keeper of
the devel branch. (For me at least) There are currently other issues to
worry about.

greetings,
Thomas